Department of Human Services
Services and Help
- Adults and Aging
- The Department of Human Services’ Aging Services Division administers programs and services that help older adults and people with physical disabilities to live safely and productively in the least restrictive, appropriate setting.
- Aging and Disability Resource LINK (www.carechoice.nd.gov) – An online database of services and providers in North Dakota.
- NOTE: Information and referral help is also available by phone at 1-855-GO2-LINK (1-855-462-5465), ND Relay TTY 1-800-366-6888, or by email at email@example.com, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm (Central Time Zone)
- The Autism Services Unit provides information to parents and professionals on the state of service delivery and supports for those with autism and their families in North Dakota.
- Child Support
- North Dakota’s Child Support program is a joint effort involving the federal government and the states to secure support payments for children whose parents are not both in the home.
- Children and Family
- The public child welfare system in North Dakota is county administered and state supervised. The Department of Human Services’ Children and Family Services Division is responsible for many programs and services, and sets policies and procedures for public child welfare services.
- Public Assistance
- The North Dakota Department of Human Services has a variety of programs to help qualified North Dakotans meet their basic needs. These programs help many low-income families who are working toward self-sufficiency.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Children’s Special Health Services (CSHS), Health Tracks and Medicaid.
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health and Substance Abuse)
- The Department of Human Services’ Behavioral Health Division provides leadership for the planning, development, and oversight of a system of care for children, adults, and families affected by severe emotional disorders, mental illness, and/or substance abuse issues. Direct behavioral health services are provided by the department’s eight regional human service centers, the State Hospital, and through contracts with providers.
- Services for Individuals with Disabilities
- The Developmental Disabilities Division and the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation both work to assist individuals in accessing services and supports to promote quality of life, independence, and employment.
North Dakota Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept 325
Bismarck N.D. 58505-0250
Phone: (701) 328-2538
Toll Free: (800) 472-2622
ND Relay TTY: (800) 366-6888
Fax: (701) 328-2359